The Edge: Chef Charleen Caabay Talks Cooking with Cannabis
By Taylor Engle
The Edge is a special video series presented by The Bluntness, featuring thought-provoking conversations with leaders and innovators throughout the cannabis industry.
In this episode, we were joined by Charleen Caabay – a.k.a., “Chef Charleen” – co-founder and Chief Innovation Officer at The People’s Ecosystem, the winner of FoodNetwork Chopped 2016, and a successful cooking cannapreneur.
Caabay has been cooking for as long as she can remember, taking on the long-held traditions from her Filipino culture to bring joy to others in the form of food. Caabay also works cannabis into each of her creations, resulting in an ever-changing menu that is innovative, incredibly delicious, and, of course, infused.
During this fun conversation, The Bluntness and Caabay discussed the following points and more:
- Her early experiences with cooking
- How she first started infusing cannabis into her food
- How The People’s Ecosystem was founded to support legacy and/or minority operators in cannabis
- Her thoughts on cannabis in the workplace
- How to be careful about edible dosage
- Top tips for getting started in cannabis cuisine
- Caabay’s first-ever cannabis-infused creation
Need a little more bluntness in your life? Check out more episodes of The Edge on YouTube.