In this edition of Cooking with Cannabis, Chef Sebastian Carosi - the short-order cannabis revolutionary - gives The Bluntness his recipe for a Sativa Strawberry Bourbon Smash.
Sativa Strawberry Bourbon Smash
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Total THC/CBD: depends on the potency of the products used
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Note From Chef Carosi
With so many ripe local strawberries on hand, it's time to rethink that bottle of body-warming bourbon you still have hanging around from your pandemic-panic, long Covid winters of the last couple of years.
This Strawberry Sativa Smash is super simple and combines some of the best summer ingredients the season has to offer. Although it turns some stoners into borderline seasonal alcoholics, it is packed full of cannabis vitamins and minerals, with bright lemon, fruity terpenes, and a little mellowing cannabis-infused bourbon.
This cocktail is truly uplifting, cooling, and refreshing and at the same time and a crowd pleaser. This smash will quickly get played on repeat during those blistering hot summer days. Over and over and sometimes over again.
Enjoy, but always consume responsibly, especially when the Bourbon is cannabis-infused. And please do all you can to help us save our planet, even if that means consuming more strawberry Sativa bourbon smashes.
- rocks glass
- cocktail shaker
- chef's knife
- cutting board
- 2 oz cannabis infused bourbon (made in the mb2e)
- 1½ oz simple syrup
- 2-3 lugs of orange bitters (a lug is a handshake or a dash)
- ¼ of a lemon
- 3 very ripe strawberries (hulled)
- crushed ice
- 1 medium strawberry (halved)
- 3 fresh cannabis leaves
How To Make It
1. Combine the fresh lemon and whole strawberries in a shaker tin, using the muddler, thoroughly mash the two ingredients together until the juices combine.
2. Add 1½ cups crushed ice to shaker.
3. Add bourbon, simple syrup, and bitters to shaker.
4. Cover and shake vigorously until the shaker has frosted over in your hand.
5. Pour contents of shaker into chilled rocks glass.
6. Garnish with a half a fresh strawberry and cannabis sativa leaves.
7. Thoroughly enjoy whether spring or summer, as long as its strawberry season!
* I use the mb2e countertop botanical extractor by Magical Butter to infuse the bourbon
Need more cannabis-infused cooking inspiration? Here are 5 of our Favorite Cannabis Cookbooks to Satisfy Your Weed & Culinary Senses!