In this edition of Cooking with Cannabis, Chef Sebastian Carosi - the short -order cannabis revolutionary - gives The Bluntness his recipe for Heirloom Tomato Toast.
Heirloom Tomato Toast
- Servings: 5 toasts
- Total THC/CBD: Depends on the potency of the products used
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Wait Time: 20 minutes
Note From Chef Carosi
Anytime is the best time to make heirloom tomato toast in my opinion. As a professional chef of over thirty years, I've learned that picking products at the peak of their ripeness really depends on where you live, but for heirloom tomatoes it almost always starts early in the summer and ends in the fall.
I like to sprinkle the thick sliced heirloom tomatoes with a generous amount of local sea salt flakes and a few fresh green coriander seeds from my garden. I then slather my favorite golden brown and delicious toasted artisan sourdough slices with the smoky bacon fat mayonnaise- in true heirloom tomato toast fashion that is.
The bacon fat mayo is super simple to make and downright stupid good to try on your favorite tomato and mayo sandwich during heirloom tomato season. Remember to slather the smoky bacon fat mayo on heavy, to cut the heirloom tomatoes thick, and don’t be shy with the sea salt flakes. I hope you enjoy this cannabinoid infused heirloom tomato toast recipe no matter where you live…
- medium stainless-steel mixing bowl
- chef's knife
- cutting board
- food processor
- serrated knife
- serving platter or plates
- 5 slices of your favorite artisan sourdough bread (cut ¾ inch thick)
- ¼ cup cannabis-infused butter (made in the mb2e)
- 3-4 medium misc.organic heirloom tomatoes
- ½ - 1 cup smoky cannabis bacon fat mayo
- 1 cup fresh young cannabis or hemp leaves
- 1 tbsp jacobsen sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tsp fresh green coriander seeds (optional)
How To Make It
1. Toast the bread slices to your liking, butter each slice with a little cannabis butter.
2. Slice the heirloom tomatoes as thick as you'd like them.
3. Slather each piece of the toasted sourdough bread with as much smoky bacon fat mayo as you'd like. Then sprinkle a nice amount of hemp or cannabis greens on each toast.
4. Top the greens with three or four various sized tomato slices on each toast as well.
5. Season each toast with salt and pepper.
6. Garnish each toast with a sprinkle of fresh green coriander seeds and a little more sea salt.
7. Serve and enjoy with udder delight.
Smoky Cannabis Bacon Fat Mayo Recipe
- ½ cup of cannabis-infused applewood smoked bacon fat (at room temp) (made in the mb2e)
- 1 tbsp chipotle adobo (contents of the can pureed smooth)
- 1 ½ cups of mayonnaise (if you don’t use dukes mayonnaise, you are going to hellmann)
- 1 tsp cannabis hot sauce (made in the mb2e)
- ½ cup fresh cooked bacon bits (very small + crispy)
How To Make It
1. Put all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and mix well.
2. Add a ¼ cup of super crispy bacon bits to the mayo. mix well, place the mayo into an airtight container, and refrigerate.
3. Use liberally.
Need more cannabis-infused cooking inspiration? Here are 5 of our Favorite Cannabis Cookbooks to Satisfy Your Weed & Culinary Senses!